Cards for Community was created to provide local restaurant gift cards to those in need within our community. A partnership has been created with StonehamBank, Stoneham Chamber of Commerce, Public Schools, First Church Stoneham Food Pantry and local businesses.
This partnership will provide support to our local businesses which are feeling the impact of social distancing. In addition, the program will provide direct access to hot meals for Stoneham residents who are also feeling the impact of COVID-19.
How you can donate:
- Donate via the Go-Fund-Me page at https://www.gofundme.com/f/card-for-community-stoneham-ma
- Direct donations can be dropped off at the drive through of StonehamBank made out to “Cards for Community” (deposit only)
- If you choose to purchase a gift card or have unused gift cards at home, please donate them in an envelope and drop off to the mail slot of the First Congregational Church, 1 Church Street, Stoneham
How your donations will help:
- $25 gift cards will be purchased and handed out to the following Stoneham residents:
- Families who qualify for free/reduced school meals (570 children)
- Stoneham residents eligible to use the First Church Stoneham Food Pantry
- Stoneham residents eligible through other town organizations
We are excited that this program will give the ability for our community to come together and help our neighbors and local businesses while still social distancing.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another” – Charles Dicken