Thank you for your interest in our Holiday Parade! We are very excited to be partnering with the Stoneham Recreation Department again this year to host this event and spread some holiday cheer. Below is some information about the day. If you have any questions, please contact the chamber office at (781) 438-0001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Parade Line-Up: The parade is scheduled to begin promptly at 11am and will begin and end at Recreation Park on Dale Court. We will be opening up the parking lot for the line-up of vehicles starting at 9:00am on Saturday. Though we are encouraging all participants to decorate their vehicles in advance, this will allow for groups to put together their displays before the parade as well. We ask that all vehicles participating in the parade be at Rec Park no later than 10:15am on Saturday, December 9th. Each group will be assigned a position in the parade which will be marked in the parking lot of Rec Park. All groups will be asked to check-in upon arrival.
Parade Route: The official, finalized route will be emailed on Friday before the event and will also be available on the morning of the parade. The parade will be led by the Stoneham Police Department as we travel through different neighborhoods in our town. The anticipated speed for vehicles will be between 5mph-10mph. With the anticipated route, we expect the parade to take approximately 1 -1.5 hours. For any group that would like to display a mascot/costumed character or community member, the idea of using moon roofs/retractable roofs in vehicles should be considered.
Post-Parade: After the parade has concluded at Recreation Park, there will be trash receptacles available for groups to utilize if they need to discard of any rubbish or disposable decorations.
Inclement Weather: We will run this event as a rain/shine event unless the safety of participants and spectators is in question. Any cancellation will be made on Friday and the event will be rescheduled for Sunday at the same time.
REGULATIONS FOR PARTICIPATING GROUPS
- All participants must have an affiliation to the Town of Stoneham.
- Only one registration is allowed per organization/business.
- Entries are limited; Registrations will be granted by date received.
- If you or a member of your group is not feeling well, please do not partake in any of the event activities.
- Participants must remain inside an enclosed vehicle at all times. Absolutely no traveling on floats or on the back of moving vehicles.
- Decorating your vehicles and displays in advance is highly recommended. The parade will begin at 11am, regardless of the status of displays.
- All registered vehicles should be decorated in a winter holiday or Stoneham theme. Visual representation of the participating organization/business is also highly recommended.
- Registrations which are co-sponsored may be asked to display the sponsoring party within their display or on vehicles.
- This a family friendly event and all decorations should reflect this.
- Candy/Goods may be distributed. All handouts must be prepackaged and distributed in a safe manner.
- Loud music is not allowed on participant floats/vehicles – Parade representatives will provide music along the route.
- No groups may have anyone representing Santa Claus in their display. The official Santa Claus will be traveling in a special float.
As we mentioned, we will be following up with all groups on Friday, December 8th with final parade logistics and a finalized route. If you have questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you again for participating and helping us provide a great holiday event for our community!