Chamber Update for Wednesday, April 22nd
Stoneham Chamber Scholarships Now Available for 2020 Graduating Seniors. The Stoneham Chamber is now accepting applications for its 2020 Scholarship Program. Graduating high school seniors who have a connection to a Chamber member or reside in Stoneham are eligible to apply for the scholarships. The Chamber currently offers three (3) $1,000 scholarships. For information on this year’s application process please visit stonehamchamber.org/scholarships or contact Megan Day at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications are due no later than Monday, June 1, 2020.
MA Legislature passes strong protections for tenants and property owners. Signed by Governor Baker on Monday, the moratorium will remain in effect until August 18th or 45 days after the state of emergency is ended and includes:
- temporarily halts all stages of eviction, including notice of eviction and filing of new cases
- has limited exceptions for true emergencies involving conditions or conduct endangering the health and safety of others
- pauses evictions of commercial tenants that qualify as small businesses
- stops foreclosures for homeowners in 1-4 family owner-occupied properties
- requires lenders to offer a mortgage forbearance for homeowners affected by COVID-19, with payments added to the end of the loan
- bars late fees and negative credit reporting for tenants and homeowners affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Learn more about what this means for landlords here.
Tomorrow – take one of three free webinars being offered to support small business.
- Leveraging LinkedIn @ 11:00 AM: Offered through the RI Center for Women & Enterprise, learn about LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional social networking website, and how it can be a powerful tool if you are looking to further your business or career. Learn more or register here.
- Facebook Advertising for Small Businesses @ Noon: Offered through the Center for Women & Enterprise, learn about Facebook Ads and how to make them successful for your business. Learn more or register here.
- How to Give a Virtual Presentation @ 1:00PM: Learn from Quixote Consulting about the best techniques to command presence and engage your virtual audience – from proper lighting, screen location and distance, where to look while speaking, to how to capture attention through emotions, story, tone of voice. Learn more or register here.