The Stoneham Chamber of Commerce is looking for a Membership Coordinator to provide a variety of support to the Executive Director by assisting with recruitment, engagement and retention of chamber members. The Stoneham Chamber is a non-profit membership organization that supports small business and the local economy through advocacy, education and promotion. The ideal candidate for this role is outgoing and possesses excellent communication and customer service skills.
The Membership Coordinator position is paid hourly and reports directly to the Executive Director. The position averages 10 hours per week, with the possibility of up to 15 hours to support specific events such as the Summer Concert Series, Town Day and the Tree Lighting on the Common. Hours are generally flexible and take place during standard work hours, but support at occasional early evening, early morning and weekend events is also required.
- Experience working in an office/professional environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Well-organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to operate autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Constant Contact, WordPress, Canva, QuickBooks and/or ChamberMaster a plus.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee regular membership outreach and support.
- Make sponsorship requests and following up with billing matters, including past due invoices.
- Mail materials to new members and new businesses. Follow up on leads in person or over the phone.
- Create content across social media platforms to support, engage and promote members.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and follow-up of Chamber events.
- Prepare and help with the distribution of materials needed for events such as emails, invitations, fliers and tickets.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Megan Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Stoneham Chamber of Commerce | 335 Main Street, Suite 202 | Stoneham, MA 02810.