Thank you for being an exhibitor at this year’s Stoneham Town Day! If you have questions, please contact Megan Day at 781-438-0001 (cell:617-548-7721) or email email@example.com. Click on the image below to see the exhibitor map.
General Guidelines & Information
The event will be held on Saturday, Sept. 23 from 11AM-4 PM. In the case of inclement weather, Town Day will be moved to Sunday, Sept. 24, noon-5PM. Below is information about the day.
It is important to the Chamber of Commerce that Stoneham Town Day remains a family-friendly, enjoyable safe event for ALL who attend. Failure to adhere to the following guidelines will result in your organization/company being asked to leave the event.
- No materials that can be perceived as negative or an attack on an individual and/or a group will be permitted to be posted and/or distributed.
- You may not distribute handouts anywhere but in your assigned space. If you or one of your helpers is found distributing handouts, soliciting signatures, etc. outside of your designated space, you will all be asked to leave.
- No hair-cutting, aerosol products, silly string, bomb bags or pop caps are allowed.
- If your activity is “active” and/or cannot be contained to the space size, prior approval must be obtained from the committee each year. This includes distribution of materials to participants.
- All prices for food, raffles, services, etc. must be posted.
- No generators, unless previously approved.
- No items (canopies, games, inflatables, etc.) may be staked into the ground. Stakes can easily pierce the Town Common and Town Hall irrigation systems and are prohibited from use. For rented canopies sandbags are provided.
- We provide space only (no electricity or set-ups) unless you have rented tables, chairs, and/or tents from us. You will find any rental items in your space when you arrive or shortly thereafter.
- All food vendors must have secured a one-day license from the Stoneham Board of Health (781-279-2621). You must have your paperwork completed and your site will be inspected on Town Day before the permit is given to you.
If It Rains
Vendors will be notified no later than 7:30am on Saturday if we must move the event to Sunday. We will also post it to social media and our website, stonehamchamber.org. If held on Sunday, Sept. 24 the event runs from noon-5PM.
Getting Set Up
- Vehicular entry/exit. Vendors are asked to use Central Street (entering from Main Street). Bump outs in front of the Town Hall portion of Central Street will prevent vendors parking on Central Street to unload. Only the following streets can be used to unload your materials: Main Street, Emerson Street or Common Street. You can access these streets from Central Street (a one-way street) however there will be no stopping allowed at any point in the morning.
- No vehicular entry will be allowed before 8:00AM or after 10:00AM. Vehicles should be moved out of the Town Common area no later than 10:30AM. Police will ticket and/or tow your vehicle after 10:30AM.
- Drop off your materials at the curb area. Move your vehicle to a legal parking space outside of the Town Day area – Return to set up your space. There is NO PARKING in the Church Street parking spaces, the Winter Street lot by Kennedy’s Donuts or the Town Hall at any time.
- Information about your space. Each space is 10’ wide X 10’ deep. Please confine your activity accordingly. Those assigned spaces on Central Street must confine their activity to the sidewalk area only. Tents that exceed this area may not be erected and will be subject to removal by committee members. If you are using a personal tent/canopy, it must be self-standing and stakes and/or poles may not be driven into the ground. All tents must be tied down on all corners with adequate weights such as sandbags or water jugs. If your tent/canopy does not meet these requirements, you will not be allowed to use it. Tables and chairs rented through the Chamber will be set up by 8:00AM and canopies will be set up by 9:30AM.
- General information about the day. The Stoneham Chamber table will be located next to the gazebo, and we will have volunteers there all day to answer your questions. My cell phone is 617-548-7721 if you need to reach me.
Before You Leave
- Trash disposal. Please bring your own trash bags and clean up your space at the end of the day.
- Vehicular entry/exit for leaving. Vehicles will not be allowed onto Central Street before 4PM, if you leave prior to this time, you must carry out your items. After 4PM, please observe the same protocol as when you arrived. However, after 4PM, you may use the parking spaces on Central Street as they become available. Please note there is no stopping to load on Central unless you are in a parking space, leaving plenty of access for vehicles to travel around you.
- Grill and fryer use. If your set up includes a hot surface such as a grill, fryer or the like, please shut it down in time to allow you to move it no later than 4:30PM to allow for street sweeping and clean up.
- Canopy, chair and table rentals. If you have rented tables, chairs, or tents from us, you will find them in your space when you arrive or shortly thereafter. At 4 PM, clear and clean your tables and chairs, collapse the tables and chairs and leave them at your space. All tables, canopies and chairs must be accounted for, and any chairs/tables not returned will be subject to a replacement fee.